View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 28th, 2017, 11:28 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 DeSmuMEWii Channel...anybody have one? 

Have thanks: 0 time
Post DeSmuMEWii Channel...anybody have one?
Hi all, nice forums you have here. Been looking for something like this!

So I was wondering, has anyone ever made a channel for DeSmuMEWii? Seems strange that I can't find one when pretty much every other Nintendo console and handheld emulator for Wii has one.

Thanks in advance!
Iwatasan

June 26th, 2011, 3:04 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
Post Re: DeSmuMEWii Channel...anybody have one?
Don't think there is one.
BUT, if you're interested in it enough, you could make it yourself, or at least come up with some pictures and/or design ideas and see of anyone feel inspired to make one. ;)

June 26th, 2011, 10:51 am
Report this post

Thanks! Yes, if it turns out that no one else knows of one, I was going to offer to try to make one. But, I did find one, believe it or not: DeSmuMEWii from this set: pepxl's Black Edition. This channel is nowhere to be found on these forums...perhaps it should be added? For me, it's fine for now, but maybe someone out there has one that's...I don't know...a little less...black?

Iwatasan

June 27th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Report this post

Have thanks: 6 time
I'm using the black theme deSmuMeWii channel as well, it's the only one i know of. If I get some time in the next week or two I'll try and put a new one together and post it here.

June 28th, 2011, 4:17 pm
Report this post

As it turns out, I had time to make one at work today, lol. Check it out, I put it up on the re-skinned channels page!

June 29th, 2011, 3:17 am
Report this post

Way to go mastershoes :]

I was also really happy to see that you made a Wiirtual Boy channel too! I thought I would have to try to make that one myself since it's so new...didn't know channels could be made in such a short period of time. Anyway I think you get the distinction of FIRST! for Wiirtual Boy channels :D

I took the liberty of adding your channels to the list at http://wadder.freeforums.org/index-of-channels-wiki-t143.html. I put them on the Re-skinned Channels list since that is how you referred to them. Sorry for the noob question: what is the difference between legal and re-skinned channels?

And since we're on the subject, if I do decide to try my hand at making channels, do you have a tutorial for it or do you just figure it out as you go? I downloaded CustomizeMii within Portapack Unplugged so I think I'm on the right track but I haven't had time to mess with it at all yet.

Thanks for the help...and the channels!
Iwatasan

June 29th, 2011, 5:51 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
A reskinned channel is where you take a channel original made by Nintendo(wiiware, wiidisks, etc...) and swap out the images with your own.
I works great, except that you use the banner.brlan and banner.brlyt which is made and copyrighted by Nintendo.

A legal channel is where you make EVERYTHING from scratch, and don't take the shortcuts with Nintendos banner animations.

But relax, the banners found in CustimizeMii are legal, and made by this community for everyone to enjoy! :)

June 29th, 2011, 10:50 am
Report this post

Thanks Iwatasan, glad to help, thanks for adding the channels! I'm gonna re-up the DS Emu with a different audio file when i get home l8r, i was kinda rushing to finish it up yesterday. If your lookin' to make some quick re-skins, customizemii and photoshoppe are the quick way to go. I know JJ Kwik has a tutorial on creating channels from scratch using benzin, but haven't had the time to look into it yet (and sorry I don't have the link to it).

June 29th, 2011, 8:00 pm
Report this post

@mastershoes: Let me know when you do and I'll re-download it. It's really about time someone made one for that emulator even if it has its flaws. And now that Wiirtual Boy is out and you already have a channel for it, my Wii now emulates every Nintendo handheld and console prior to WiiU/3DS...pretty sweet. NES, SNES, N64, (native GCN/Wii), GB, VB, GBC, GBA, and DS...and the best part is having channels for all of them :D All right so I have CustomizeMii and Photoshop already, so let me know if you find JJ Kwik's guide and I'll start messing around with that. Just wondering...one of your channels (not at home and I forget which, maybe both?) displays a black screen and some code after running the banner and before loading the emulator. Is this a glitch or something? It does load the emulator no problem but I'm wondering if you can't just hide the code screen with a black screen or maybe some art even?

@pbsds: Awesome thanks for clearing that up! Can't wait to try my hand at both methods.

June 29th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Report this post

@Iwatasan - Gotta test it when I get home from work, but I'm gonna re-up the forwarder with no splash screen and also so it will load from usb or sd.

July 3rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next