View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 28th, 2017, 11:26 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 DUTag - The Next Generation of Wii GamerTags 
Beta Tester

Have thanks: 4 time
Post DUTag - The Next Generation of Wii GamerTags

~~Official Thread ~~
HERE (Registration Required)

First of all, we at DarkUmbra, would like to explain that we’re not trying to steal any thunder from wiinnertag. We feel that Daileon created a fantastic idea/application and we feel we can build off of it. Our DUTag supports some newer features and we hope you will like them.

What is DUTag?
-------->[url="http://tag.darkumbra.net/"]CHECK ME OUT[/url]<--------
DUTag is a feature that can be used with most backup loaders, both disc and usb. Our plan of action is to make a gamertag that is as similar to those available on the other 2 gaming systems. Although creating an application that is similar in terms of achievements isn’t possible, it is possible to track certain gaming information, such as recent games played, scores and points awarded for tournament wins. Moreover, DUTag gives you the ability to choose what information you want available in your gamertag, such as Friend Codes, NickNames, Number of games available to be displayed etc...
Games played are automatically added and removed from the tag as they are played. Go ahead and give it a whirl!

Please Note:
- The tag can be used on any site.
- An intro topic is required after registration (To avoid Leeching)

Need more info?
- You can reply to this thread, or
- You can visit our website www.DarkUmbra.Net or Setup Instructions / Downloads

Where can I get mine?
Register @ DarkUmbra and then create an intro topic. From there, go to this link View/Edit My Tag

What Loaders can be used with DUTag?
- NeoGamma (unofficial)
- Wiiflow (official)
- CFG USB Loader (official)
- uLoader (unofficial)
- USBLoaderGX (unofficial)
- JoyLoader CFG
* With Plans to add others *

Are there any requirements?
- A hacked wii
- Wi-Fi Enabled
- Registration @ DarkUmbra.Net

Is there anything else that needs to be done?
Well, each loader uses its own method to get the tag working properly. Here’s how to set it up properly for the loaders that work with DUTag.
Register @ DarkUmbra.net, create an intro topic and then click here.

Add it to your sig

• -> Navigate to the Customize My Tag page
-> Copy the image bbcode underneath your tag.
Ex. [ img]http://tag.darkumbra.net/USERNAME.jpg[/img]

@ DarkUmbra
-> Navigate to User CP . Settings > Signature > Change Signature
-> Paste the copied image bbcode into the text box where you want the image to appear. -> Done! You have just displayed your DUTag for everyone to see! Enjoy!

@ GBATemp
-> Navigate to My Controls > Edit My Signature
-> Paste the copied image bbcode into the text box where you want the image to appear. -> Done! You have just displayed your DUTag for everyone to see! Enjoy!

@ Other Sites
-> Follow their guidelines

Wiiflow 331 & Bellow
• -> Download the DUTag compatible revision here
-> Extract the content of the file downloaded to the root of your SD Card making sure the app is in the Apps folder.
-> Run WiiFlow once, so it creates the wiiflow.ini file, located on "sd:/apps/wiiflow"
-> IF ON PC ONLY: Open the file in wordpad, save it, exit, continue to next step
-> Open the newly created ini file in notepad(windows) or textedit(mac) and set the following values in the [GAMERCARD] section at the top.
-> --> dutag_enable=yes
-> --> dutag_key=Insert your user key (found on the Tag Configuration page)
-> Done! You should now have a working DUTag which you can use anywhere! Enjoy!
Optional Forwarder Here | Vid Here

Wiiflow - Rev 332 & Above
• -> Download the official loader
-> Extract the contents of the file downloaded to the root of your SD Card making sure the app is in the Apps folder.
-> ONLY IF YOU'VE NEVER USED WIIFLOW BEFORE: Run WiiFlow once, so it creates the wiiflow.ini file, located on "sd:/apps/wiiflow" **IMPORTANT**
-> Open the wiiflow ini file in wordpad **IMPORTANT** (windows) or textedit(mac) and insert or edit the following block at THE TOP of the ini file to match:
[GAMERCARD]
gamercards=DUTag
dutag_key=Insert your user key (found on the Tag Configuration page)
dutag_url=http://tag.darkumbra.net/{KEY}.update={ID6}
-> ENSURE that "Init Network on Boot" is set to on/enabled in the last page of the Wiiflow Settings!!

CFG USB Loader
• -> Download the DUTag compatible revision [url="http://tag.darkumbra.net/DUTag-CFGUSBLoader.rar"]here[/url].
-> Get your DUTag Key, which is located in the "Tag Configuration" section.
-> If you haven't used CFG Loader before now, create this path and place the loader, which was downloaded above, in it.
-> --> (sd:/apps/CFGLoader/boot.dol)
-> If you've already used the loader, just replace your boot.dol with our updated one.
-> Update the CONFIG.TXT file, which is located in the "/usb-loader" folder, by adding the following lines:
-> --> gamercard_url =http://tag.darkumbra.net/{KEY}.update={ID6}
-> --> gamercard_key =Insert your user key (found on the Tag Configuration page)

Joy Loader CFG
• -> Download the DUTag compatible revision here.
-> If you haven't used CFG Loader before now, create this path and place the loader, which was downloaded above, in it.
-> --> (sd:/apps/JoyCFG Loader/boot.dol)
-> If you've already used the loader, just replace your boot.dol with our updated one.
-> Update the CONFIG.TXT file, which is located in the "/usb-loader" folder, by adding the following lines:
-> --> gamercard_url=http://tag.darkumbra.net/{KEY}.update={ID6}
-> --> gamercard_key=Insert your user key (found on the Tag Configuration page)

uLoader
-> Create a txt file named "dutag.key" and place it on the root of your SD card.
-> --> In this txt file insert your key:get from the customize my tag tab **Please Note: it will only work if there are no spaces before or after your key**

Neogamma
-> Create a txt file named "dutag.key" and place it on the root of your SD card.
-> --> In this txt file insert your key. **Please Note: it will only work if there are no space before or after your key**

USBLoader GX
-> Download the DUTag compatible revision here.
-> If you haven't used USBLoaderGX before now, create this path and place the loader, which was downloaded above, in it.
-> --> (sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol)
-> Run USBLoaderGX and go to the settings button. Click features and enable DUTag
-> --> When it asks if you want it to create a DUTag.xml file on your sd card, click yes
-> Open the new DUTag.xml on your computer, replace, "1234567890" with your DUTag Key found in step 2

Can we get an example of what it looks like?
Here you go:

So what makes this different? What are the differences?

Current:
- Custom colours for member/nickname
- The ability to use your profile pic from DU on your tag.
- The ability to import your wiinnertags profile. (Import your score/stats)
- The ability to upload your own background picture.
- If you have a friend code stored in our database for a certain game, your wii FC will switch to the fc of the game you're playing :)
- Trophy System. Earn medals based on game experience.
- An automatic, "Online Now/Currently Playing option". So, your friends will know when you're playing/online from the automatic status update on your tag.

Future:
- Import Mii/Create Mii application
- Custom Fonts
- Have the "Wiitdb" and the "online now" logo's rotate for the one being used. They overlap on some tags and it looks bad.
- Add the ability to choose more than 1 bg and have them rotate daily.
- Added/Implement a new DUTag template with ranking system and medal count.
- Possibly auto-add feature that adds the users DUTag to their signature at DU

** Follow the Changelog HERE **

This seems interesting, can I help? Can I submit an idea?
Sure, just PM me here or PM ShadowPuppet, the mastermind, at DarkUmbra. We’re looking for ways to make this better and better, if you can think of something that I haven’t mentioned, please bring it to our attention, and if it’s possible, we’ll try ;)

!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!
WE ARE NOT COMPETING WITH WIINERTAG!

Last edited by JJ-KwiK on August 22nd, 2011, 10:53 pm, edited 15 times in total.

December 11th, 2010, 10:39 pm
Report this post
Beta Tester

Have thanks: 6 time
Post Re: DUTag - The Next Generation of Wii GamerTags
seems really promising!

Self-Built Computer:

Laptop:
wiihackerz101

December 11th, 2010, 11:03 pm
Report this post
Beta Tester

Ya, we just added a few cool features. We also have plans for other features. Check it out :P

December 16th, 2010, 5:27 pm
Report this post

Have thanks: 0 time
My god have I seen it all ladies and gentlemen you sir are a complete jackass for not only taking this project from Daileon but also reworking the coding a bit. THATS all you did "We are not stealing any thunder" Yes you are this isn't you're project its Daileon's you and you're team didn't even change anything its a mirror image of wiinnertag you basically copied it....you are using winnertag to promote some half assed third rate site :[ As a matter of fact I thought I saw that name before you are that guy who was banned from Wiiso yeah now it makes sense Dark whatever its called is filled with a bunch of Wiiso rejects. FOR ANY BODY ELSE READING THIS TOPIC OR CONSIDERING USING DUTAG DO NOT USE OR SUPPORT DUTAG OR THEIR SITE GO HERE http://www.wiinnertag.com/ THAT IS WHERE THE ORIGINAL WIINNERTAG IS AT AND VISIT [removed, no piracy please] FOR ALL YOUR WII HOMEBREW NEEDS!

December 28th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Report this post
Beta Tester

K, calm down buddeh!

The entire point of homebrew is open source, it's so people can build off of others ideas, so relax.

As stated in my O/P, we're not trying to steal any thunder. We're offering ideas and implementing features that we think are essential to make tags worth while.
There is nothing wrong with wiinnertag, we're just offering features that they don't.

1- Mii Integration
2- Online/Now Playing features
3- FC that automatically change based on the game you're playing.
4- Customized BG's
5- Custom fonts
6- Optional profile pic use
I can go on....

We're not using it to promote our site, much like wiinnertag, a registration is a must. And yes, I agree, everyone should go check out wiinnertag. It is great, that's probably why I still use it. I did help daileon, even ShadowPuppet, the creator of DUTag, offered to help him, but we got pm's back saying that he didn't need help. Not that it matters or is your business.
I agree that currently it is similar, but I promise that we will distinguish ourselves.

On a side note, yes we're all pretty much wiiso refugee's. ShadowPuppet was a Global mod there, Wookie was a mod there, xMxExTxAxLx and I were uploaders there..... That has nothing to do with this. 3 of us left on our own, while I was banned for being admin of our site. With this being said, I, nor they, hold ill feelings towards Wiiso or Wiinnertag. In fact, I honestly think they're both great sites. I really don't see why wiiso was brought up..lol

Either way, I'm going to msg Daileon... maybe we can come to some agreement... Is this how he feels or how you feel?
If it is how he feels, hopefully he will let us know as it wasn't our intention.

In all honesty however, all(most) wii homebrew is open source...
It's what gave Daileon the ability to modify the original loaders to implement Wiinnertag. So, the fact that you're trying to discredit us is kind of hypocritical.

December 29th, 2010, 8:59 am
Report this post

Have thanks: 2 time
Wow chill dude!

This is NOT a competition. DUTag was built not as a replacement to Wiinnertag, but as another version of it. Just like ncard. If you really want to get technical, NCard is the original and WIINNERTAG is the "mirror image" as you put it. Your information is based on biased knowledge of wiinnertag. I suggest you get some valid information before you start publicly bashing other tags.

I don't see you bashing NCard, THE ORIGINAL, because that would be unfair right? NCard is "exempt", right? Well I think not. If you really want to start hammering on OTHER TAG PROVIDERS (NOT competitors), I suggest you get your head straight and look at the whole picture before publicly making a fool out of yourself.

December 29th, 2010, 7:30 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 72 time
Enough! If people have potential problems with people here, then there are ways of expressing concern without resorting to flaming. How about, "Hey, this seems pretty similar to xxx, what have guys added?". Or "Have you spoken to the author of xxx, do they mind you poking about and releasing this as a separate app?".

I'm a big fan of open source, I'm also a big fan of respecting people's hard work. It's my opinion that open source doesn't always mean you can do what you like with it. While, legally you may be free to do as you wish, I feel there's a moral obligation to honor the wishes and intentions of original coders. If not, then the likely result is that they won't release code in the future which would be a loss to all.

Case in point... Megazig didn't want his benzin code being used in Customizemii. Whether you agree with his reasons or not is irrelevant, Leathl did the right thing and spoke to him, and ultimately respected his wishes and didn't include it.

Let's keep wadder friendly and flame free.

December 30th, 2010, 5:18 am
Report this post
Beta Tester

wilsoff wrote:
Enough! If people have potential problems with people here, then there are ways of expressing concern without resorting to flaming. How about, "Hey, this seems pretty similar to xxx, what have guys added?". Or "Have you spoken to the author of xxx, do they mind you poking about and releasing this as a separate app?".

I'm a big fan of open source, I'm also a big fan of respecting people's hard work. It's my opinion that open source doesn't always mean you can do what you like with it. While, legally you may be free to do as you wish, I feel there's a moral obligation to honor the wishes and intentions of original coders. If not, then the likely result is that they won't release code in the future which would be a loss to all.

Case in point... Megazig didn't want his benzin code being used in Customizemii. Whether you agree with his reasons or not is irrelevant, Leathl did the right thing and spoke to him, and ultimately respected his wishes and didn't include it.

I agree completely.
I sent a msg to him to see how he feels about it as it wasn't our intention to be disrespectful.
I appreciate your opinion man.

Either way, I agree with being respectful.

Edit: I just had a convo with Daileon, the creator of wiinnertag, and all is resolved as this wasn't his opinion at all. He doen't mind that we have our own tag. So I suppose the opinion above was from one member that has no ties to any tag.

December 30th, 2010, 6:13 am
Report this post
Beta Tester

Have thanks: 6 time
JJ-KwiK wrote:
wilsoff wrote:

I agree completely.
I sent a msg to him to see how he feels about it as it wasn't our intention to be disrespectful.
I appreciate your opinion man.

Either way, I agree with being respectful.

Edit: I just had a convo with Daileon, the creator of wiinnertag, and all is resolved as this wasn't his opinion at all. He doen't mind that we have our own tag. So I suppose the opinion above was from one member that has no ties to any tag.

I agree too. lol I find it humorus about people flaming for stuff like these....

Self-Built Computer:

Laptop:
wiihackerz101

December 31st, 2010, 12:17 am
Report this post
Beta Tester

New Features Added!!!

Form Shadow Puppet
Quote:
Hey there guys,

A bunch of updates to post out for you that JJ and I are really excited about... First off DUTag is now compatible with uLoader but requires a bit more minor testing which I'll do tonight so you can expect uLoader DUTag version posted on the site on the set up page.

Second is a small but useful update to the friend code database. The feature where you can optionally have your last played game show the friend code for that game instead of your Wii Number, I have added a little token that is placed on the game when it's friend code is being shown. You guys can take a peek at my tag and see what I mean. The code in my DUTag right now is for Mario Kart Wii, the last game I played, which also has a little marker in the bottom right corner of the cover indicating that its friend code is being pulled :)

Now, JJ posted on some other sites that we're working on an awesome feature for DUTag and a select few of you here may know this as well. Well, I have just completed the last bit of the modules for the new system - DUTag Medals.

Users can now rack up medals for games they have played a certain amount of times. This works on the same basis as the points system. You can only put 5 games per day towards your medal counts and only 1 medal count per game per day. Medals are displayed directly on top of the cover that is being put in the tag.

As a thanks for the DUTag users who have already played a significant amount of games, I have put ALL of those games towards your medal count. So hellboy in particular, being the highest ranked DUTag user, you'll notice significant changes on your games - most of them will now haz medals.

The categories for each "level" of medal are as follows:
Bronze -> 20 plays of a single game
Silver -> 45 plays of a single game
Gold -> 75 plays of a single game

And that is the new medal system :). Medals are attached onto each individual game when they are achieved. See mine, JJ's, or hellboy's DUTag for an example.

In the near future, there will be a page simillar to DUTag stats showing stats based on medals as well as a page in your user control panel so you can track which medals you have and which medals you are close to achieving :)

The other thing that is new that is slightly less important is the fact that I've added a new template for both normal use and custom template use. It's a modified version of template #3 (my tag uses #3) which has larger covers :)

Well that's all for now lol... if I may so myself I'm very excited for the new medal system. I think that will further differentiate DUTag from other providers and provide yet again a better experience for our users which is what is always the most important :)

Thanks again all of you for being DUTag users. It's very much so appreciated. I can promise you new features and cool updates in the future so you'll be hearing from me later.

Until then,
~Shadow

DUTag Changelog

So to re-iterate:
- A TROPHY SYSTEM
- uLoader (added tomorrow)
- FC's that adjust to the game FC when you're playing.
- a FC logo that shows up on the cover of the game the FC coincides with.

So, if you look at my tag for example, the FC posted is the FC for black ops :)

January 11th, 2011, 1:57 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next