View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 27th, 2017, 3:01 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GC games through USB? 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 8 time
Post Re: GC games through USB?
Mango, exactly right.

Wii45X, please, do some research. Millions of noobs on GBATemp have asked your EXACT same questions and thought of the EXACT same "solutions"...

June 25th, 2010, 4:22 am
Report this post

Have thanks: 0 time
Ok then I will use an example from Crediar's video and see what components he used to make it work. This might take me ALOT of research to discover how he did launched it through the USB. Do not be surprised if you do not see me in WADDer because of this project. I take my projects seriously in modding since it could mess up my entire system and research. I will tell you how Im doing from time to time but that is the only reason your going to see me here.

June 25th, 2010, 2:23 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
Good luck! :)

June 25th, 2010, 2:39 pm
Report this post

Uhh I have made a mistake in posting my update in another thread any way I can move it here? -.-

June 28th, 2010, 11:22 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Wii45X wrote:
Update on how I am doing: Well I have managed to buy a WODE for easier methods to boot up GC games. Im not saying I will use the WODE and call it quits (yet) Im saying I will use the chip's components and see if its similar to what crediar used in his video. Either way I still have to code and decrypt it and mod the USB ports. This might take some time depending on what day it is. I am trying not to get distracted by friends and family since my project will mess up and fail miserably. If I can't code or decrypt the WODE chip, then there might be nothing else I can do.

I deleted the old post.

June 28th, 2010, 12:49 pm
Report this post
Global Moderator

Have thanks: 1 time
You know, this just keeps coming up and I've always kept my mouth shut cause I really don't care...with the GC multi-image software out there, I have my 5 GC games on two disks. Good enough! :P

Anyway, if people want GC USB loading, why can't someone just port/write a GC emulator to the Wii? We have USB loading on every other emulator, so why not this too? Seems like the simplest solution to me...easier than rewriting the MIOS at least!

June 28th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Report this post
Global Moderator

Have thanks: 11 time
I doubt the wii could handle actual emulation.

But, given the Wii IS a gamecube, it could work

June 28th, 2010, 3:22 pm
Report this post

Hmm, he does actually have an Idea going on there. Im am tired of coding and decrypting. Everytime I test it on my Wii, nothing boots up. Also I think it can work since the wii is a gamecube. If rewriting the MIOS doesn't work for me in another day, Im calling it quits. I have been putting myself through stress because of this. I don't know how crediar managed to boot it on the wii. I tried booting in different methods and still nothing. You think that he used his PC for source while using a USB then emulating it on the wii?

Last edited by Wii45X on June 28th, 2010, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 28th, 2010, 6:43 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

bg4m3r wrote:
You know, this just keeps coming up and I've always kept my mouth shut cause I really don't care...with the GC multi-image software out there, I have my 5 GC games on two disks. Good enough! :P

Anyway, if people want GC USB loading, why can't someone just port/write a GC emulator to the Wii? We have USB loading on every other emulator, so why not this too? Seems like the simplest solution to me...easier than rewriting the MIOS at least!

An actual emulator would be impossible, but something more interpreter-ish could be possible.

June 28th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Report this post

Have thanks: 1 time
emu on the actul system hardware? still sounds like alot of coding.

|Configurable Usb Loader with wilsoff's forwarder (modified)|
|cIOS 38 rev.17|Heremes cIOS 222/223 ios37/ios38 merged|

June 29th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next