View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2017, 2:54 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GenPlus GX Channel Forwarder 

Have thanks: 1 time
Post Re: GenPlus GX Channel Forwarder
Thank you so much!
Very nice work!

Would it be possible to look for USB:/apps/genplus/boot.dol too?
My SD card is not always inserted and would be nice to be able to load the emulator directly from the HD-USB.

Thanks!
muaddib has been thanked by:

August 10th, 2010, 5:36 am
Report this post
Wii Theme Team

Have thanks: 35 time
this was made to boot from usb but the forwarder would just hang you welcome to try for yourself sorry i cant but im leaving for holiday in 40 mins

August 10th, 2010, 7:21 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 3 time
I like it, but i think its a bit too much in your face for me :D

Check out my forum site under the hidden bar!
http://www.djdynamite.freeforums.org Emotional - Uplifting - Hard - Chillout ~ Trance, Trancecore, Hardcore, Makina, Gabba and more!

August 10th, 2010, 5:26 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW

Have thanks: 6 time
I think it looks awesome & you put a lot of work into this great looking channel. So well done I'm impressed! My only complaint is that it only looks for apps/genplus/boot.dol. With the new revision the dol is in apps/genplusgx. It won't ever find the dol because of the GX part of the folder now. Can you make it so it supports the newest revision too?

January 22nd, 2011, 7:57 pm
Report this post
Wii Theme Team

you could quite easily run it in customizemii and change the path

or just rename the folder on your sd card

January 23rd, 2011, 10:10 am
Report this post

This is an excellent channel but for some reason it seems to crash my Wii. I can click in and out of it from the main menu and that all works fine, but if I use the + or - buttons to go to the previous or next channel, it breaks. The channel's sound continues to play and loop, but other than that the Wiimote does nothing and the Wii just sits there until I force the power off.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm on 4.3U if that matters.

March 23rd, 2011, 5:57 am
Report this post

Have thanks: 4 time
pbsds wrote:
This has for a long time been an issue with custom channels, it has even happen with just legit channels too. :/

I've been told this has to do with the size of the banner being too large.

I'm not sure if it's possible to shrink the size of this banner by very much though, I think if it was possible diddy81 would have fixed it a long time ago :p

March 24th, 2011, 7:32 pm
Report this post
Wii Theme Team

its quite a simple fix really just open the wad in customizemii and make each tpl a little smaller

the question i really need answering is why on earth do people insist on pressing + and - on the banners i cant see the point if i enter the wrong channel by mistake i just exit it and click on the right one

please i really need to know the answer

March 24th, 2011, 10:27 pm
Report this post

I don't think anyone insists on the + and - button method. I was using this channel for quite a while before I even noticed the glitch. Just thought I'd see if it was happening to other people as well. At least I know it is a general issue, and not a case of my Wii being messed up by something I did to it.

When you say it is about the banner being too large, do you mean by image dimensions or by the actual amount of data? I'm inclined to think you mean the latter. It's too bad the limitations aren't posted online. You would think that Nintendo would have made such information available to developers so they could make proper channels.

I thought at first the glitch was related to the sound loop, since the music kept going but everything else froze. So I used CustomizeMii to extract the sound file, then reinserted it into the .wad without the looping. Result: It seems I can now + and - out of the channel OK, but if I + or - into the channel, it still causes the crash.

If the crash is caused by the banner animation taking up too much memory, would it help to change some of the image files to a lower quality encoding to save space?

(edit)

I just did some experimenting, it seems it matters what channels are adjacent. I can never use + or - to get into the genplus channel, that always makes it hang. However, I get different results when using + or - to leave genplus.

Leaving to the News, Mii, and Homebrew channels all work fine.

Leaving to my Snes9x, Mame, WiiMC, and USB Loader forwarder channels causes a hang.

Leaving to my FCEU forwarder channel goes to a black screen that says "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

(/edit)

March 25th, 2011, 12:03 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 72 time
It's about the size of the data used to make up the banner. Yes it is dependent on what channels are adjacent, so whether it crashes or not is a function of the sum of data used in both banners (entering/leaving).

The channels you mention cause crashes (fceu, USB etc) are all pretty heavy, some with approx 50 images. Most of my channels have been painstakingly optimized to not crash on +/-, but with the sort of animation used in gen plus it's just not possible without compromising on quality in some way (duration, framerate, resolution, texture format quality).

March 25th, 2011, 12:30 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next