View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 29th, 2017, 8:17 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 making sense of the brlyt and brlan files. 

Have thanks: 0 time
Post making sense of the brlyt and brlan files.
hi there peeps, I am wuite new to this board and will be trying to make a positive contribution to the wii homebrew scene. My particular area of intrst is in making high quality forwarder channels for homebrew apps.

I do not want to simply just replace the graphics in a existing chanel and mdify the forwarder but I want to build them from the ground up.

Up to now it has been a large learning curve, testing out difrent apps, compileing apps reading documents opening up existing wads to learn what has been done to achive a particular animation effect...

I have began working on compileing a document to help with the tags used in the brlyt/brlan files. much of this work has been from other published threads on multiple difrent boards in particular one board that has now vanished so the posts are only available in the google cache... once i have finished, the original posters of information will be well and truly credited.

The thought came to me that someone else may have done this already so I am wasting my time, although compileing such a document has infact improved on my knowlage if brlyt/brlyn documents. Does hanyone have any links to such documents that are already published on the web?

I have attached what I have done so far. It does need some alterations to the style and the credits attaching. If anyone is intrested in contributing to this work then please feel free to contact me.

Attachments:
File comment: brlyt & brlan documetation
brlyt brlanl script guide.pdf [285.63 KiB]
Downloaded 122 times
December 17th, 2010, 4:35 pm
Report this post
Wii Theme Team

Have thanks: 35 time
Post Re: making sense of the brlyt and brlan files.
its a fine start keep up the good work

December 17th, 2010, 8:38 pm
Report this post
Beta Tester

Have thanks: 6 time
thats pretty legit

Self-Built Computer:

Laptop:
wiihackerz101

December 18th, 2010, 12:13 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 72 time
There was some doco here, but it's dying fast, you;ll need to use the google cached versions to retrieve them:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=wadde ... wiki+brlan
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

December 18th, 2010, 10:18 am
Report this post

Have thanks: 0 time
Thanks for that Wilsoff,

I had been trawling through the cache at Google for what info was on wadder.net. It was because of that I decided to compile some info as sooner or later that info will not be available at all..

It’s a shame that site is not available as it did appear to have a wealth of information regarding custom channels and custom menus. Any ideas why it was shut down? I wonder if the site admins kept a local copy of the site. There is one or two tools that appear to be helpful that as far as I can see were only hosted on that site and can’t find any mirrors anywhere. In particular a tool for batch processing of the tpl to png files...

My document has expanded from just the BRLYT and BRLAN files to a complete guide to custom channels... it’s a little back to front at the moment as It is notes on the stripping apart of a WAD. (Twist it around and its putting it together)

I am not entirely sure where i want to go with it. I don’t want to produce an "idiots Guide" so the world and his wife + dog + goldfish will all be creating custom channels (only because we will be flooded with poor quality channels). But at the same time I don’t want to be inviting a million and one questions which answers can be found on Google. All the information I am compiling is all out there, it’s just that it’s in bits and pieces everywhere... Maybe someone with a bit more programming skills than I have could create a standalone app to import png files in and to script the animation process...

December 18th, 2010, 12:29 pm
Report this post
Wii Theme Team

Have thanks: 35 time
i managed to grab quite alot of it here

December 18th, 2010, 3:26 pm
Report this post
Global Moderator

Have thanks: 11 time
smartybones wrote:
Thanks for that Wilsoff,

I had been trawling through the cache at Google for what info was on wadder.net. It was because of that I decided to compile some info as sooner or later that info will not be available at all..

It’s a shame that site is not available as it did appear to have a wealth of information regarding custom channels and custom menus. Any ideas why it was shut down? I wonder if the site admins kept a local copy of the site. There is one or two tools that appear to be helpful that as far as I can see were only hosted on that site and can’t find any mirrors anywhere. In particular a tool for batch processing of the tpl to png files...

My document has expanded from just the BRLYT and BRLAN files to a complete guide to custom channels... it’s a little back to front at the moment as It is notes on the stripping apart of a WAD. (Twist it around and its putting it together)

I am not entirely sure where i want to go with it. I don’t want to produce an "idiots Guide" so the world and his wife + dog + goldfish will all be creating custom channels (only because we will be flooded with poor quality channels). But at the same time I don’t want to be inviting a million and one questions which answers can be found on Google. All the information I am compiling is all out there, it’s just that it’s in bits and pieces everywhere... Maybe someone with a bit more programming skills than I have could create a standalone app to import png files in and to script the animation process...

Well, wadders creator, xuzz, has moved on from the wii scene. He goes by chpwn in the iPhone scene. Wadder had become more and more off topic as time had passed, so the forums were shut down. The rest of us still interested moved here.

As to your guide, I don't think you will need to worry to much about too many noob questions. The Wii scene isn't nearly as active as it once was, especially here at wadder.

December 18th, 2010, 8:07 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]