View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2017, 2:54 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Official WiiMC Channel 

Have thanks: 0 time
Post Re: Official WiiMC Channel
I tried the Forum @ wiimc.org but having trouble how one actually manages to submit Message Posts thee, even after Registration and Login?

http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2223#p2223

"Sorry, no search results were found for wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558"

Have posted to http://gbatemp.net/t221325-wiimc-releas ... dia-center?

No reply from their either yet?

Now you say http://www.wiimc.org/forum/ is best Forum?

So I try again, but using Google 'Chrome' Browser, rather than Firefox or IE8, and have success getting 'Reply' to Forum discussion at least opening up a Login Window?

How does one become a Member?

July 5th, 2010, 4:58 pm
Report this post
Beta Tester

Have thanks: 7 time
Any chance you might release the source to the forwarder? It seems to pretty much cover everything you could want in a forwarder: loads from USB, including USB2.0 via IOS202 w/61 as a fallback (which is one feature the CustomizeMii complex forwarder and USBLoader GX forwarder lack), splash screen, and it works with every app I've tried it on except the stupid EmulateMii team emulators (I suspect it may require a different entrypoint address to work with those).

July 10th, 2010, 2:17 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 72 time
The forwarder is by Tantric and is available on the wiimc googlecode page:

Makefile

Source

July 10th, 2010, 4:51 am
Report this post
Beta Tester

Have thanks: 7 time
Thanks, I did look through the WiiMC svn trying to find it... didn't think to look under libs :P

July 10th, 2010, 4:57 am
Report this post

Wilsoff - As a new user I can't pm so here's my post.

Wonder if you can help me. I need help creating a set of custom WIIMC Channels.

I am trying to help a guy with a disabled daughter to create a set of channels, where each one will automatically start the playback of the videos in a specific folder. You can read about it here http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1574

I can do the mods to WIIMC to handle the auto playback, but I have no experience/knowledge with wads/channels/forwarders etc.

All I have is the WIIMC Channel installer dol as released by WIIMC, and a set of recompiled forwarder dols with different application names in each one.

I have no idea how to "insert" these forwarder dols into the WIIMC Channel installer dol so that I can have an installer for each custom channel with its unique title and icon.

Perhaps however this will not work anyway if each WIIMC Channel Installer will not create a different channel simply based on the different application loaded by the forwarder. Only a meta.xml and icon.png are in the install folder and no channel title is specified so perhaps its hardcoded in the installer.

In which case perhaps you can point me to an alternative method of creating multiple channels. I see there are WAD managers available that purport to be able to accept different forwarder dols , channel names and icons but I have no WIIMC wad to be able use that technique or knowledge of which tool to use.

Thanks.

November 25th, 2011, 9:03 pm
Report this post

Well, acccording to Tantric, this won't work because I need the WAD, and I'm unable to extract it (WADCreate just hangs on black screen). So I need to use one of the Channel Create tools.

November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Report this post

Have thanks: 1 time
jhb50 wrote:
Well, acccording to Tantric, this won't work because I need the WAD, and I'm unable to extract it (WADCreate just hangs on black screen). So I need to use one of the Channel Create tools.

If you need the WAD from this channel it's attached in a wilsoff's post from second page.

November 26th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 72 time
You can get the wad from Tantric's dol using a hex editor.

All wads start with

00 00 00 20 49 73
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WAD_files

So just find that in the dol and delete everything before it and save it as a wad

Then use CustomizeMii to switch the dol inside the wad

November 27th, 2011, 12:19 am
Report this post

Have thanks: 6 time
This is a great channel, I love how you used the HBO intro sound. I remember that from when I was little & I recognized it right away. I've seen HBO still play that segment from time to time.

July 21st, 2012, 11:06 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5