View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 25th, 2017, 4:34 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Some glovepie help anyone? 
Global Moderator

Have thanks: 1 time
Post Some glovepie help anyone?
Well I've don't know how many Glovepie users there are on there, but the glovepie forums are wonky and won't let anyone post anything, so I thought I'd ask here. I started playing a couple few games on onlive and am trying to make a multi-mode script for seamlessly playing many different games and navigating the interface without having to switch scripts all the time. It is intended to support sideways, nunchuk, and classic controller configurations and has a battery monitor (written by someone else, credits in the script). So far I have sideways and classic controller layouts solid, and the classic mode even has mouse control mapped to the right analog stick, and switching modes is simply a matter of plugging in a different attachment (it uses an if/else statement to include/exclude certain sections based on attachment existence). What I'm stuck on is IR mouse control in nunchuk mode. This probably wouldn't be a big issue, except that I play on my TV (2nd monitor) and most of the Glovepie settings assume that you're using your primary monitor. The documentation I've looked at isn't very detailed and I have limited scripting skills...not a good combination! lol The closest I've gotten is what's currently in the script, which works for navigation, but once I enter the game I want to use it with (Amnesia), it stops accepting input from the wiimote. The odd thing is that I'm using the same input method (Mouse.DirectInputX/Y) as in classic mode, and that works perfectly navigating and in-game! I don't understand where the difference is here. If anyone with scripting, and/or Glovepie experience could take a look, I'd be appreciative! I've tried other peoples IR mouse scripts and none of them work right for me, for some reason. I've never messed with IR in Glovepie cause I didn't have a setup that let me have a sensorbar at my monitor before, so I'm totally clueless!
Attachment:
File comment: Multi-mode Wiimote Script for OnLive...change suffix back to .PIE to use!
OnLiveMultiScript.txt [3.56 KiB]
Downloaded 56 times

Although, I have to admit, I'm happy to have gotten two out of three parts working all on my own! As Meatloaf would say, two out of three ain't bad! :P Yes, I'm dating myself, although Meatloaf still qualifies as classic rock for my generation, lol.

July 10th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
Post Re: Some glovepie help anyone?
I did some small stuff in glovePIE for a while ago, but that only covered buttonmapping, so my experience there int helping... :P
But i think i know why the the input ends when in nunchuk mode: bugs
Thats right, GlovePIE is FILLED with bugs, and the author didn't even own a wiimote to test with when he developed glovepie, it was surprising it even worked!(may be wrong, but this is what i read)

July 14th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Report this post
Global Moderator

Well, yeah, there's that. :P Well, the nunchuk mode really limits button options, so I may just drop it anyway...the other two modes work great however! I use the classic controller mode for my ds emu too, which is awesome :P

July 27th, 2011, 3:27 pm
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
I mainly used the classic controller for n64 games :P

July 28th, 2011, 1:01 pm
Report this post
Kodiak Bear

how many f***ing :P does this thread need?

August 9th, 2011, 3:09 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 8 time
Jacol Beyros wrote:
how many f***ing :P does this thread need?

:P A :P p :P p :P a :P r :P e :P n :P t :P l :P y :P :P a :P :P l :P o :P t :P ! :P

Also, hey jacol, don't see you around much

August 9th, 2011, 7:07 am
Report this post
Kodiak Bear

oh, hey. ive been around, just not posting. :)

August 10th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]