View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 24th, 2017, 9:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to WADder

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hugo GX Channel Request 

Have thanks: 0 time
Post Hugo GX Channel Request
I know the Wii custom channel scene is pretty much dead now. However, I just downloaded what I thought was a Hugo-GX channel, and when I load the channel I get the following splash screen below. It's pretty annoying. What I realize is that I have a forwarder and not a channel, and that I need a dedicated Hugo-GX channel in WAD format to make that splash screen go away.

Would anyone be willing to share their channel, or perhaps create a new one? I know this request sounds odd coming years after the release of Hugo-GX. The thing is I don't play new games. I love retro games, and I find that the Wii is perfect for retro. I hope you guys understand how I feel. And that splash screen, for lack of better words, really drives me crazy.!

I would be happy to compensate anyone for their time with a generous Paypal donation. Thank you for reading!

Attachment:
fr_13_size640.jpg [111.51 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
IImage

December 21st, 2013, 3:42 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
Post Re: Hugo GX Channel Request
Not sure if i understood completly, but you want the channel to contain the Hugo-GX program itself instead of being a shortcut to the hugo file on the sd card?
You only need to open the wad up in CustomizeMii and replace the DOL file with the Hugo-GX program to achieve this. The reason we use forwarders instead of the actual program is because it's then easier to update and it requires less space. You decide wether the trade off is worth it ;)

January 1st, 2014, 9:28 pm
Report this post

Hello, thank you for the reply!

Yes, I do want want the channel to contain the Hugo-GX program itself instead of being a shortcut to the Hugo file on the SD card. I'm not at all familiar with CustomizeWii. It seems kind of complicated for me :/ I was hoping that someone on this forum might already have what I am looking for.

January 18th, 2014, 4:05 am
Report this post
Site Admin

Have thanks: 14 time
It's not any more difficult than opening the .wad file in CustomizeMii and selecting Hugo-GX's .dol file in the .dol area.
But always make sure you have sufficient brick protection. Priiloader should work

January 18th, 2014, 11:52 am
Report this post

Have thanks: 1 time
This is a Hugo-GX WAD you can load with a WAD Manager to point to your Hugo GX emulator. I usually load my WADs with http://gbatemp.net/threads/yet-another-wad-manager-mod.210290/, set to ISO236 for the install.

I don't really know how to generate these on my own, so I pick them up and hack around with them until they work. This is for the more popular one I see around the Web, with all the box covers arranged in a collage, and some simple music. I always had problems with the WAD, and it was a little large, so I swapped out for a simpler, smaller music file, pulled from a Turbo Grafix shmup whose name I don't recall. The music does not loop. And, if you choose Quit from the Hugo app, it will crash because it is looking for Homebrew Channel, which you never launched--just hit your home button instead.

It looks like this:

This is only configured for SD card use. This comes with no warranty, so use at your own risk.
Attachment:
File comment: Modded Hugo-GX WAD
Hu-Go GX - HUGX.wad.zip [1.88 MiB]
Downloaded 264 times

May 26th, 2014, 9:24 pm
Report this post

I'm just circling back around on this now. The above channel is really nice. The sound is cool and it doesn't take up much memory on the Wii. However, when I start the channel I still get that same annoying splash screen. It looks just like the photo I posted above. Does anyone have a Hugo GX channel that doesn't display the splash screen? I have such channels for other emulators. I have done many Google searches, but have yet to find what I am looking for. If anyone can help I'd be glad to forward a Paypal donation for their time. Thanks all!

December 8th, 2014, 11:08 pm
Report this post

I was able to find a splashless channel for Hugo GX! If anyone needs it, please feel free to message me. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

June 19th, 2016, 1:53 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]